Friday, December 12, 2008

Dontcha just love the Whiff of Joy stamps? (I do!)

This is Lizzie with Muff and Herb with Baby. Both of them were for the Limited Supply challenge on SCS where we were to recycle, reuse, just go Green (LSC198).
On the Lizzie card, I took the hardware off of a RAK card that was given me last Christmas before I even figured out how to load pics up on the system. (I have fixed that older RAK card, so the sentiment is just matted, so all's well). I sponged the oval using the masking technique & Tim Holtz' tea dye ink pad with a sponge. My DD has a Rothschild's coat that we bought her years ago that this image reminded me of, so I had to color it velvety green.
On the Herb card, I took apart one of my old cards that I felt was a little too simplistic and used the bordering blue base again. If you look close, yes, you'll see a mistake - I forgot to color the holly berries & leaves on Herb's hat. I have since rectified that, so whoever gets this card will get a completed version, lol. (Just not worth it to re-take the pic, size it, adjust color, add watermark, well, you get the picture).
I've got 2 more Whiff of Joy images 'setting up' so once I finish them & get around to photographing them, I'll be back.
Thanks for sneaking a peek.

1 comment:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

wonderful cards !!!!!!!!!!!love the coloring and the great images !!!!tfs:)
chat