Monday, January 19, 2009

The challenge for today's SCS Technique Lovers was to make a faux mosaic card. I used strips of tacky tape cuz I don't have the sheets. (I recommend buying at least ONE sheet just in case this pops up again, it was tedious work laying the strips side by side to ensure there were no gaps). On top of this, I took some designer paper that I had cut up into my 'mosaic tiles' then positioned on the tacky tape. I wanted a darker 'grout' line, so I used an embossing powder called "cloissone" which had a purply verdigris (spelling?) color to it when heated. I did this 3 times to give the 'grout' line a thicker, darker impression. I had to fit in my newest Sugar Nellie somehow, so I added her as my focal image.
Thanks again for stopping by.

2 comments:

Danni said...

This is adorable! I love everything about it!! Great job!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

What a fabulous card!! I love the colors and papers you've used here and the image is Super Cute!!