Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I followed the SCS sketch challenge LSC204 to make a card with a predominantly black backdrop. I have a pink pirouette base but took a mat of black and clear embossed this same flourish as you see as the main image. When I started this card, was going to be a red and black card ... I stamped the image in red and messed up a little (twice) in the embossing, so when I went for it a 3rd time, I wanted to use versamark, but I forgot to clean off the image, so I ended up with a pretty pink, that went perfect with the pink pirouette, so I just clear embossed over that ... I'm really quite happy with the results. I tied a bow at one corner and just a knot so it wasn't too busy at the other corner with some ribbon I found at Walmart. I love this set, I just keep forgetting I have it to use.
This card was for the Inspiration challenge. We were to find inspiration from Lang calendars. I found a folksy, country calendar with predominantly red backgrounds and very country edges. I didn't want to color my entire snowman in, so I picked this warm and cold snowman from Penny Black and stamped him on ruby red. I triple matted the image and added some stickles and slight coloring with my colored pencils and gamsol.
I made the background paper out of saffron by stamping in red some images from the Stampin Up snowburst set then adding the red gingham strips of paper to simulate ribbon.

This card was made after I cased Vicky Gould's gallery ... Let me tell you, this was no small feat. She's got some lovely cards to look at, but I settled on this image from Stampin Up's Provencal set because it's got the look of a collaged image already. The card I cased from her had the same layout, only I flipped mine on it's side to allow for the image. I used gamsol and my colored pencils to color, and am actually quite excited at the way the clouds turned out ... I do so love the vintage, collaged cards ... I should probably do more of them.

No comments: