Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I was all over the Place Last Night

Omygosh, I went on a challenge hunt last night ... Sometimes insomnia is fun ... other times it drags you down ... Apparently I was having fun last night because I came up with 5 cards from various different challenges across the web.

This first one was for the House Mouse challenge found over at their challenge blog. This week it was to use piercing on the card. I actually just had a bowl of popcorn so this stamp was the first one that came to mind, so I had to work around it.
After coloring with my colored pencils and gamsol, I added glossy accents to the silver/chrome part of the stove and the ring on the pan handle. I tried to get the color of the electric burner just right, but still needs a smidge of red to it. I'm liking how it turned out, regardless. Hope you do too.

For this card, I searched the Mojo Monday blog and found this sketch. It's actually a mirror of the sketch that was up, but Michelle's balloons kept getting in the way, so I just flipped it over. This is one of the newer stamps released through the Whiff of Joy site called Michelle Celebrating Donkey. I tried to bring in mats for the layers that would coordinate with the dots on the dp, hence the navy, ruby and tangerine colors. Fun, festive card.

I made this card after having been inspired by the website of http://www.iheart2stamp.com/, to send cards to Dallas Baptist College that foreign students can send out. I had just gotten this image in from Whiff of Joy (my new favorite supplier cuz they have Elisabeth Bell!) so I had to make it work for the challenge. They're looking for mostly blank note card types of cards. I just found out about it Tuesday, and the deadline is the 31st, so if you see this and are interested in HUGE blog candy ... take a peek at the above website.
I cut out a heart shape from the DP and layered this over the image panel that I had sponged. On top of the DP, I laid a piece of white that I punched on one side with a MS border lacy punch. Looked a little stark, so I actually drew some vertical lines in a pale pink and gamsoled it to soften the line up a little ... Looks like pleats to me. This one is a very pretty one in real life.

This card is one of I hope 9 ... I'm going to try to get all the sketch challenges done from the Tayloered Expressions blog. This one was the sketch by Taylor Vanbruggen. Like I said, I'm hoping for 8 more before Saturday. I like the wide oval with embellishments at the opposite ends.

This card was for the Whiff of Joy challenge found at www.wojmondaychallenge.blogspot.com. While their layout was square, I didn't think it was taking too much license to make mine the standard size as long as I was faithful to the layout. I used my colored pencils and gamsol to color him in (I know, you're SHOCKED and AMAZED, lol) ... I did add some stickles in fruit punch, baby blue, lavendar and diamond for the confetti on the icing. I used 2 different sized circle punch masks to creat the glow on the candle (larger with banana, smaller with summer sun) then added some glossy affects to the heart of the flame. I got this ribbon last year from a Secret Sister and thought this was a perfect fit - colors looked good with the DP ... and I liked the stripes against the polka dots. Another fun one.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
Have a great day!

No comments: