Friday, February 06, 2009

This card is one of my new favorites, I think. The challenge was to go all out with the embellishments. I'm typically a less is more kind of gal, so to ME, this looks slightly over the top, but I know in looking at other cards, it's still on the light side. The image was colored with Copics and then I added glossy accents to the flames and yellow stickles to the centers of the flowers. I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz' Tea Dye and matted on kraft. The 'ribbon' is actually embroidered lace from Walmart in the shape of butterflies. It was very moldable, so I sent it up a meandering path along the saffron paper lace strip I created by punching both sides with a MS border punch then sponging the sides with tea dye also. To keep the shape of the butterflies' path, I added gold brads at each butterfly's center. I used an unknown Daisy yellow background DP matted on kraft again before adding the gold organdy ribbon and finishing off with a blue dragonfly brad.

I'm really liking this saffron, kraft, white combination a lot!

Thanks for stopping by. As usual, I love to hear any and all comments you'd like to make - positive or negative.

No comments: