Friday, May 28, 2010

Last few that are finished for the Wish RAK Memorial Day Card Challenge over at Splitcoasters includes this Masucline birthday. I'm always afraid men will balk at too much going on, but I don't know. Because of the uncertainty, I kind of like to keep masculine cards lean on embellishments. The background was stamped with sanded then images were randomly scattered. I actually am growig fonder of the simplicity the more I see this card.


For this card, we had to follow a recipe:
- Add 1 peck of 3 different colors - check
- Add a dash of stitching - check
- Include a winged creature - check
I first picked out the DP from Basic Grey's Lemonade and the image and Copic butterflies came after (its true).
I also spritzed over the entire image panel with Stampin Up's spritzer tool with a rose brush marker.

We got to chose our own technique for this next card. I chose the Grid Technique found over at Splitcoaststampers.


You first take the panel and score with a Scor Pal then flip it over to score the other side, creating a grid. Instead of stamping the paper, I flipped the scored panel over to lay on the inked background stamp and finger walked over it to give just a little bit of inked coverage from the Weave image. Anything that didn't receive ink, I went back and sponged a little saffron into the negative areas. I then stamped the silhouette image in chocolate. I DO like this one. I've tried the clear embossing with the grid stencil - while they both have the same beauty, this was a smidge quicker.

This challenge was to make a Fancy Fold pocket card.
I love the way this one turned out ... I'm becoming quite fond of my Copics, and can't wait to find more images they'll work well with. This one happens to be ... once again ... a Tiffany Doodles digital image.
Maybe next to the Copics, my current favorite is Basic Grey designer paper. This paper came from the Capella line - Stunning. In fact, I actually made an Archiver's run this afternoon after my Business Management test to pick up another pack of the papers, even though I've only used up a couple of sheets from the first Capella pack. I'm sure I'll go through it quickly. I just love the way it turned out on this pocket fold card. I'm going to add a couple of sheets of writing paper in the pocket so the soldier can write a longer note home

And that's it for the day ... I hear VSN is having a Challenge this weekend as well, so hop on over to Splitcoaststampers to see what's going on.

Thanks for stopping by ...

No comments: