Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A few Tid Bits

This is actually one of my favorite cards created recently. I've had this embossing folder for weeks and just never got around to using it. This is actually only (1) piece of apricot appeal and (1) piece of whisper white but it it looks like so much more.

I embossed the white cardstock and then lightly sponged the raised portions. I then masked those areas off, leaving only the center rectangle and sponged a bit heavier around the edges - it looks almost like another layer of apricot, doesn't it? I stamped the Stampin' Up sentiment in apricot. When I got done, the corners were begging for a little attention, so I punched them with a decorative corner punch - and VOILA! Done deal. I'm definitely going to have to give this folder a few more cards to snuggle up next to.

This next card was made with an image I received through SplitcoastStampers' Wish-RAK club. He was colored with Copics and then I used a homemade scallop cloud template to sponge some bashful blue for the sky. I took off a circle punched post it that I masked for the sun and then used the reverse template to sponge a little sunshine in. This was for an early sketch challenge, so I used 2 different designer papers reflecting water and bubbles before adding knots of blue satin ribbon. This is where I wanna be ALL SUMMER LONG!



For this little fella, I was practicing feathering with my Copics (notice his wings). If you've looked at my past cards, you may see an abundance of cards made with purples and greens - one of my favorite go-to color combinations. The image is from the Digi Shack and the sentiment is from My Graphico.


Uh Oh! Purple/Green alert ....
Here's another Mo Manning digi - called Wednesday's child. She looks like such a precious Drama Queen, doesn't she? I loved coloring this with my Copics and dressing her up with some lavendar liquid pearls. It was the middle of the night or I might have been tempted to go chase down a feather boa I could take apart and glue on - maybe that's actually a good thing, lol - less can be more.


This little beauty, Coriander, is from Sweet November Stamps. I got her from my friend Jenny over at Paper Jewels . I colored her in with Copics and then painted some Shimmerz Angel Wings over her wings to give them a shimmer which you probably can't see from the picture.
I'm starting to realize that I'm about as fickle as you can get - my Most Favorites seem to change with the next stamp that comes out. I shouldn't complain too much, though. It's a fabulous outlet and I guess beats drinking at the bar every night, lol.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: