Saturday, July 03, 2010

Catching up with Sketch challenges ...


This was for the #39 Sketch challenge over at SplitCoast Stampers. A few gals in the Chat Box Chicks thread are starting over with the sketch challenges and I'm at #39 -

I hate lagging behind!

I made 2 of these because I didnt' want to waste the paper that I had cut, so just reversed everything on the 2nd card. Both images are from Whipper Snapper (from L-R: Heather & Leah). I added a green eyelet to each before threading purple embroidery floss through the eyelet & popping up on dimensionals. I used my PTI rickrack trim die to cut a piece of coordinating c/s for 'ribbon'. The sentiment is in a set of 6 but there's no identifying marks on them, so not even sure where I got them.

This card is for the Sketch #40 challenge - It's actually 5x7 - I don't normally stray that large, but I misgauged the size of the image and still wanted to use it for this card. I added some K&C Company designer paper as well as some cream crocheted trim. The sentiments were from Gina K's Lovely Labels set, and were punched with the small oval from SU.


This card followed the 41st sketch challenge. The Tree with Quote image is a digital image from Beccy's Place. I colored it with Copics and then matted onto Artichoke & pierced the sides. All the designer paper is from the Basic Grey's Boxer pack.

This was one of the simpler layouts, Sketch #42.

I stamped the Tim Holtz lace border in caramel onto vanilla and trimmed bottom with scissors. I punched the edges with slot punch and threaded a chocolate grosgrain ribbon through before popping this sentiment up on dimensionals. I finished by stamping the sentiment from Gina K's Botanicals' set.

Thanks for stopping by ... Any comments are welcome !

No comments: