Thursday, July 29, 2010

Here's some fun cards I made for the Dirty Girls' challenge. If you're a fan club of Splitcoast Stampers, you get to see the challenges and play along.

This first card's challenge was a sketch challenge - I went 5x5 on this one. The image is a digi from Bugaboo that I colored with Copics. I stamped with plum on plum for the background paper and highlighted with eggplant mats & ribbon.

This next card was for Suzanne Dean's Favorite Movie challenge. Um, Gone With the Wind, hello ?! This image was from Digi Doodles - in the Vintage section. (Thanks Neva - SCS's "n5stamper" - for showing me the way. I love all the digital images they have - had to stop myself before I heard the debit card groaning. I colored her in red - all those folds - was a challenge, but I think Scarlett herself might be proud. I don't know where this designer paper came from, but a small stack pack - absolutely love it !!! Finished off with a ribbon/bakers twine.



This care was made for the challenge: TV Dinners - be inspired by an old tv show ... can you guess? Lost in Space ... "Danger, Will Robinson" ... I stamped the image with memento and colored with Copics. The dp is actually just a bunch of clip art images of screws & bolts that I randomly scattered on the paper. The silver back is Brushed Silver from Stampin' Up that I stamped a rivet-inspired border on. I've got nuthin' as far as sentiments go, so I made this on the computer.



This altered "T" was made from the Lost & Found challenge - I've had this particle board T in my drawer for over a year. I covered it with a sheet of KC floral designer paper and then added some Tim Holtz distressed ink. Along came some crocheted cream trim which I also distressed. I don't know if it shows in the photo, but added some stamped images of butterflies, dragonflies, leaves & feathers along with a couple of charms. The munchkin immediately spied this and claimed it for her room (who else? no one else has "T" for their name, you ninny!)

This was the first time I've inked up this precious Princess & her "prince", so I used the Strut Your (new) Stuff challenge. I colored her with Copics and used my Creative Memories circle cutting system for the card base & layers with a little help from QuicKutz scallop die & some of the Stampin Up punches. Because the card is 5.5 x 5.5, I actually took 2 panels of the white embossed and flipped them sideways before cutting the circle. Ribbon covers up the seam. I finished off this card by adding some diamond Stickles to her wings and some glossy accents to the frog-prince.

Can you guess the theme here? Okay - Rural - anything down on the farm or animal related or rural related. I love this High Hopes set of chickens & the sentiments. "Guess What, Chicken Butt !"

For this card - Girly and Gingham was the name of the game. This is a digital image from The Stamping Boutique - LOVE, Love, love Tracey's new Enchantment Line - Keep 'em coming! (please!). I colored her with Copics and added some clear glitter gel pen - nice 'n sparkly IRL. I love how the gingham ribbon matches the gingham background paper to a T.


Embrace the White Space - I have so much trouble with these clean and simple cards - Yet when I try them out, they look so great - I need to push myself to do more (or less, actually). I stamped the sentiment, then some flowers in pink pirouette to give just a hint of an image then ran the panel through my Cuttlebug with the new(er) Stampin' Up Lattice folder. This is probably my MOSTEST favorite embossing folder (so far). I punched slot holes to thread the ribbon through & that was it - Easy Peasy, right!?

This was my Anything but an A2 size card as well as a sketch challenge - okay, so I was boring and went square. This is a digital image from Elisabeth Bell - colored with Copics. I used some of that magic core paper (name escapes me as I'm writing this) and ran it through the paisley embossing folder then sanded down to expose the core. I flipped the paper over for the horizontal peice (which is covered by the ribbon, drat!) and sponged it with some chocolate. It actually looks SO much like leather, it's not funny! I added some clear glitter gel pen to highlight her 'wand'.

This little lovely digital came from Paper Cupcakes - The challenge was "All that Glitters" ... Those of you who know me, I'm a glitter phobe, so the closest I could get was adding Stickles after I colored this with Copics. I love this Sweet Pea designer paper!


Last, but not least - "Just Faux You" - No real embellishments or sewing. I used a border to stamp the faux stitching around the edges ... added some flowers I stamped then colored with blender pen & reinkers for my primas.

And that's all I was able to accomplish for the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges ... Now I need to get ready to head downtown for the CHA Super Show - Here I come ...

Thanks for stopping by !

2 comments:

JayLynn said...

Wow you have some really beautiful cards here! I think my favorites are the Gone with the Wind card and the pink butterfly one :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Collette your blog and work is FABULOUS.