Friday, September 03, 2010

Splitcoast's Free For All

For this challenge - "Birds of a Feather" ... we were to add a bird and use a color we're not normally drawn to.  As much as I like turquoise, I'm not a fan of the cardstock in that color family which include Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise and Bermuda Bay.

I chose to go with Bermuda Bay here ... toning it down with some Chocolate. 

I stamped this image from Inkadinkado, from the set Winter Birds, in Versafine Majestic Blue then colored the poinsietta's with Real Red and my Stampin' Up blender pen before adding some yellow Stickles to the centers of the flowers.

The background is white that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Sizzix Dots, Circles and Swirls (or is it dots, swirls & circles?), then sponged heavily with chocolate.  I finished off with a white satin ribbon to brighten it up a bit ...

Not bad, I suppose, for Bermuda Bay, lol.  What do you think?

No comments: