Monday, October 18, 2010

Fun with Digital Pencil Too

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! to my Varsity Cheer squad for taking first place yesterday.  You gals rocked it.  And earned a bid to State Championship.  WAY TO GO!

These first two cards are done with the same image, Jill Two.  Both were colored with Copics.  For this first one, I kept it in the purple family.  Added some clear glitter gel to the crowns on her dress, and some purple glitter gel pen to the barrettes.  Spellbinders flourish and the corner detail has some white half-pearls added before finishing off with white satin bow.  Not sure on what sentiment to add just yet.



This second one was done in the same way, keeping it in the pink family with a little bit of chocolate detail.  I love this image.  Reminds me of when my wonderful daughter was that age and stubborn as all get out! 











This little cutie is my latest purchase from Digital Pencil Too ... I think I may be nostalgic for the times when I had a toddler.  I colored this "Shy" image with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen then traced the darker pinks with clear glitter gel pen for a bit of sparkle.  The sentiment is computer generated.  Papers are rose red from Stampin Up and their pretty in pink satin ribbon for the knot.


Now, while I'm not normally a fan of Halloween cards, I thought this image (also a new purchase) of the mummy-wrapped toddler trick or treating was too cute to pass up.  For today's technique challenge, we were to incorporate "shimmer".  I thinned some radiant pearls and applied to the mummy-wrap and the pumpkin.  Can't see it in the picture, but it gives a soft shimmer when you turn the card.  I colored him with Copics before adding the shimmer.  Papers are eggplant envy and tango from Stampin Up with some PTI black.  The unknown bat was stamped in black before punching him with an oval punch then matting with a black scalloped oval.  Finished off with some faux nail heads.



As always, thanks for stopping by - love to hear what you have to say.

1 comment:

Danni said...

All are such wonderful cards!