Friday, October 29, 2010

Splitcoaster's Free for All for today

Today's challenge over at Splitcoasters was to use your bits and pieces - in other words, Paper Piecing.  I put together 2 cards. 

For this first one, I pieced 1.5 inch squares of papers from my scraps of Basic Grey's Bittersweet paper - dang straight, I'm not throwing any of that away!  Anyway, I put it on a diagonal and used the Labels 10 Nestie die to cut the shape.  For the mat, I cut chocolate just outside the border.  Then added some copper brads at the edges.  I used the butterfly from Stampin' Up's Simple Friendship set stamped in chocolate and the sentiment from their Full of Life set, stamped in espresso.  I tweaked the wings with a little bit of copic marker to give it some shading then added some clear glitter gel to the swirls on the wings.  The pieced panel was popped up on dimensionals and then the sentiment popped up for further dimension.  I love everything I make that uses this Bittersweet paper !

For the second card, I decided to piece this lovely Elisabeth Bell's dress after I shaded it with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Full of Life set and backed with rose paper.  Again, the dress and background are from Basic Grey's Bittersweet paper pack.  I finished with a rich chocolate ribbon and some white liquid pearls.

Thanks for stopping by.  Make sure you check in tomorrow ... The Copic Muskateers are having our first ever Blog Hop and I'll have something spooky posted after midnight!  Take care & have a great day!

2 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful cards Collette! I love what you've done with the Spellbinders die in the first one, very neat!

Cheryl said...

I love this little girl and her dress is beautiful!! Good work!
Cheryl