Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spoonful of Sugar challenge 125

This week's challenge over at Spoonful of Sugar is to create a Winter Wonderland.  The sponsor is none other than The Stamping Boutique. 

I enlarged the Candy Land board image and colored with Copics then added some white gel and clear glitter gel accents before matting on green then adding the pretty in pink satin ribbon.

This card measures 5.5 x 5.5.  The sentiment was computer generated & punched with an oval before matting on scalloped oval pink mat.  Image panel is popped up for dimension on some gorgeous Basic Grey designer paper.

My second card is for the challenge at Splitcoast Stampers on Monday - to use wet stamping technique.  I didn't have as much 'bleed' on the wet layer as I wanted, but like the way the card turned out.  I used pink pirouette as the under layer & marina mist on the dry layer, with the sentiment stamped in pacific point.  For a bit of sparkle, I added some Stickles rock candy to some of the snowflake branches.

The third card I did followed the wet stamping technique, as well as the Clean and Simple challenge, "crinkle" (as in leaves) ... kind of vague, but I stamped the wet layer with saffron leaves.  After dry, I stamped pumpkin rocked in mellow moss over.  I ran this layer through the Stampin Up wallpaper embossing folder then sponged around the edges with green.  I punched out an oval and stamped the image through the 'window' that was created onto the card base.  A ribbon tied on before popping up for dimension and this was an easy-peasy card.

Thanks for stopping by for a look-see!  Love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous cards.
luv
Debby

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Colette these are gorgeous! I think my favorite is the one with the snowflakes ;)