Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Stamping Boutique and Tiffany Doodles

Been playing hooky this morning instead of working on homeork ... But it netted me 2 new cards, lol.

This first one was made for the Color Me Creative Challenge #7 - Be inspired by this photograph of wonderful ornaments.  We're ALL ready for the holidays, right?  ("not I", says Collette)


And, The Stamping Boutique is sponsoring it - 10 (count 'em) T-E-N free digital images from Tracey's wonderful line to one lucky winner.  Tracey is offering her Serenity angel to use, if you're so inclined, so hop over to Color Me Creative and shoot Suzanne Dean a note and she'll get the image out to you.

I was inspired by the hot pink ornament in the front glass as well as the blues and greenery.  This Serenity image from Tracey's Enchantment line was colored with Copics.  I added some clear glitter gel pen to the sparkles and wings and some cotton candy Stickles before cutting with my Creative Memories oval cutter.  Nesties just didn't fit here.  I used a slot punch to thread this grosgrain polka dot ribbon through and around the background paper which was created using the wax resist technique.  I corner punched the background, popped the image panel up on dimensionals and called it a day for this baby.

For this second card, I followed the Splitcoast Stamper's Ways to Use it technique for today - Use brown as a predominant factor in your card.  I've had this birdhouse from Tiffany Doodles on my table for ages and thought it would work for what I was looking for - sure enough - card came out as I had envisioned.

I colored this digital image with Copics and then used a corner ticket punch for the image and chocolate mat before popping up for dimension.  I added some ribbon hardware to thread this chocolate satin ribbon through.  I found these wire brads awhile ago and thought this orange flower brad worked perfect.  What do you think?

Love to hear what you have to say ...
Have a great one. 
I have to schedule a nap sometime this afternoon/early evening ...  I was elected to drive the girlies to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter tonight, so that means don't forget to pick them back up at 3:00 am.  Why did I sign up for this again?

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

These are just beautiful. Safe driving tonight. Hope they all enjoy Harry Potter!

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful creations!