Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Little of This and That

Challenge for yesterday over at Splitcoast Stampers - Create a background using a Faux Tile technique and your Scor Pal.  Julie Warner of The Write Stuff created a tutorial you can find here.


For my first attempt, I got a little carried away, so ended up putting the light grey into the grout lines.  The background image is the Victorian Lace from Stampin Up.  I used Marina Mist to color and shade, then a C1 copic to shadow the edges even further.  The image is from Winter Wonderland, again stamped in Marina.  I wanted to keep it fairly monochromatic, so just aded some gold Stickles to the sun and icicles to the snowflakes.



I'm happier with my second attempt.  I used the same background stamp and Marina Mist once again.  This time I was careful to keep the white grout lines.  Sentiment is from Verve's Richly Blessed set.  I embossed the oval after punching and sponged around the inside with Marina before added a couple of half pearls.  I like the way this cream ribbon stands out - white would have gotten swallowed up.

For an alternative Faux Tile technique using embossing powders and a brass stencil, check out a psuedo tutorial I did back in June that you can Find Here .

And, just for fun, I was monkeying around with my new Tilda image from Magnolia ... She was colored with Copics then I added some glossy accents to the ornament as well as some Stickles to the flourish for some sparkle.  For the DP, I used the Stampin Up's Blueberry crisp designer paper.  Behind Tilda, I stamped snowflakes from the Snow Burst set to bring in a winter theme.  Sentiment is from Stampin Up's Bells 'n Boughs set.

Thanks for popping by ... Hope you all have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

Shirley G said...

Such beautiful cards, Collette.
I just love how you put things together.
Please check out my blog, I have something for you.

Arts by Sara said...

I love your cards! The blues are so beautiful! Who is the Marina Mist by Stampin' Up? I hope you are having a great evening! Happy Creating! Sara