Tuesday, November 02, 2010

SCS's Technique Lovers Challenge - Embedded Embossing

WOW!  What a cool technique they came up with this week.

Holly called DIBS on this technique since she couldn't find it showcased anywhere else:

1.  I took vanilla card stock and stamped a script image randomly in Stampin Up's River Rock.
2.  I then layered 3 layers of clear embossing powder over Versamark ink, coating evenly.
3.  I stamped the Penny Black "Blush" image with Versamark over the cooled 'tile' then poured some Cloissone embossing powder (kind of a red, blue verigated color) and heatset.
4.  The Cloissone image just melted into the layer of clear embossing powder.

I first tried this with a pale pink embossing powder - Let me just explain - there's a REASON you won't see that example.  It just came out a hot mess.  I think this technique looks much better with a darker embossing powder on the finished image.

I love the way this turned out.  You should give it a try!  Thanks for popping in. 
Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

You did an awesome job with the TLC challenge...your card is sooo pretty!!!! Love the colors you used and the flower image turned out perfectly!!!