Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Few more holiday Cards

Made a couple more holiday cards this morning.  This first one was made using a digital image from Tiffany Doodles' ornament set.  I made 2 and colored them with Copics.  Had to add a little bling to them, so I put some yellow faux rhinestones to sparkle it up a bit.  Love this Stampin' Up designer paper from their Blueberry Crisp collection.  I think that the soft yellow ribbon works perfect ... What do you think?

My second (through 15th) card is relatively simple.  I needed to make 14 of them for my cheerleader's, so I elected for a Clean and Simple version.  This also followed the Splitcoast Stampers color challenge for today:  Use Grey, Concord Grape (I don't have the ink, so used eggplant) and Marina Mist.  The branch is from their Oldie but Goodie Definitely Decorative Branch set.  The ornament is from Delightful Decorations.  First, I stamped the branch, ornament and little florettes.  I added the 'string' with gold gel pen and then ran the front of the card through the Stampin Up square lattice embossing folder and then sponged the edges with some more marina mist ink.  Not sure if it shows in the photograph, but once done, I added some white liquid applique to the top of the branches for a snow effect.  Love how quick and easy these were.

This third card was for the Clean and Simple challenge for this week - to follow a sketch done by Birgit (Biggan on Splitcoast Stampers) which can be found here.  It's very nearly one layer.  I used Post It's to block of the outer square on this daffodil delight cardstock, then sponged some certainly celery inside.  Took a Nesties circle negative to sponge the next circle in same ink.  I then took gold Spica and squiggle-traced around the edges for some sparkle before stamping the house in Garden Green.  The sentiment from Stampin Up's Cute & Curly was also stamped in garden green on daffodil before punching out with the label punch and popping up on dimensionals.  The card measures 5.25x5.25 square.

Finally, here are a smattering of some Christmas tags I made using digital images from The Stamping Boutique.  Love how you can reize these digital images to fit whatever project you're working on ... challenge is getting into the tiny lines of these smaller images.  Okay, so I had to pull my readers out for these.  I ran out of labels while wrapping, so whipped these up in the middle of the night.

Thanks for stopping by. 
Always love to hear what you have to say.

1 comment:

Arts by Sara said...

Absolutely adorable! My, my you have been a busy lil' beaver this morning! Where do you find the energy? LOL! Now I am talking like I am really old! LOL! (35) Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog, I so appreciate them. I also wish I was closer to the Dells... It would be a lot of fun to meet you in person! Anyways... Good luck and thanks for sharing your wonderful artwork with me! Happy Creating! Sara