Friday, January 14, 2011

Couple of Sugar Nellies

Okay, so I saw a cute card yesterday - loved the image - checked out the storefront - ended up buying a couple of images but couldn't "leave" without SOMEthing in my hot little ... I guess hands doesn't cut it - Computer!  So, I ordered a couple of digital images as well.  Where have I been?  And WHY didn't I know that Funky Kits has some Digital images as well?  Under a rock, I'm assuming. ME, that is, lol.

Both of these images are from the Sugar Nellie Line.

This first one is called Joy Sitting.  Again, it's a digital image.  I feel like I'm going through some kind of Vintage Withdrawal.  Can't remember last one I did (please don't correct me if it was just last week, lol).  I colored this little darling in softer shades with Copics in keeping with a sort of vintage feel then oval cut her with the Creative Memories system.  I then added some glossy accents to the ball.  Matted all with chocolate, then added chocolate ribbon and a brown 'n lavendar flowerI distressed just the image edges before sponging to make it look old.  This is such a sweet little girl - Dang, I miss those days.  Anyone have a toddler they want to rent out for a couple of years?

This next one is more fanciful, called Web Knitter.  Colored her with Copics as well.  I added mint glitter gel to her 'wings' and clear glitter to the web.  I love this paper from Basic Grey's Lemonade pack - the soft greens and roses look so nice together.  I'm not sure if you can tell, but look at the rose strip.  I used (for the first time since I bought it last summer) an embossing plate from My Favorite Things - it's supposed to look like grosgrain ribbon.  I ran it through the CB then sponged a little rose all over.  I may try darker color sponging or use a shim in the CB next time so it shows a little more.  I finished off with some pink pearls and celery ribbon.  This card measures 4x6.

I wish that Spellbinders would make their dies closer together in size - I like the thin border/frames so like to use this technique where you sponge the inside of the metal die before removing it from the image.  Problem is, your 'mat' is always white (or pale, at least).  I have been known to break out those little disc thingies (I really MUST remember the names for these tools, lol) and trace around then cut with an xacto, but running them through the CB is so much quicker, ya know?

Anyway - thanks for stopping by - I'm off to become a Domestic Goddess - at least for a couple of hours before we head out to see Dilemma with Vince Vaughn.  They filmed it here in Chicago and one of my friends' kids are extras in it - in the Diner/Cafe/Restaurant scene (yeah, ok ... like you care, lol).  Anyway, LOVE Vince Vaughn, so looking forward to that ... Cheerleading competition for my friend's daughter tomorrow then Munchkin's first Volleyball tournament on Sunday - so will be a busy bee.  Oh yeah, and Nursing School starts on Tuesday ... Must ... get ... fix ... of ... cards ... in ... before ... I ... can't.

Take care - Love to hear what you have to say!

1 comment:

Arts by Sara said...

Awesome Cards as always! I love the DP's that you used! I remember that wonderful ole tool from Stampin' Up... the small round disc's that use with a pencil and trace the shape and then very carefully cut it out with a super duper SHARP object! LOL! (Clutsy me... really likes the new Nesties! Wow that $$ I save on bandaid's! LOL!) Have a wonderful weekend, sounds like you will be busy every minute! Happy Creating! Sara