Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Multiple challenges Galore

.
"Snowed In" today - drats, I guess I'll just have to stamp up some cards. Won't have this luxury next week when school starts. Nursing and Pharmacology may stunt my ability to create so many cards, lol.


This first card was made following yesterday's Critter Sketch Challenge. The Stamping Boutique is sponsoring them again. I used the Monkey Patootie digital image for this one and colored him with Copics. The designer paper is from BoBunny that I flipped over for the semi-circle piece. I used Chocolate and Peach Parfait for mats.








This next card was made following yesterday's Splitcoast Stampers' Technique Lovers Challenge. We were to pick a favorite sketch, color combo and technique from previous challenges. I chose the color combo of Old Olive, Peach Parfait and Regal Rose. For the technique, I chose one of the faux tile techniques. Notice the background of parfait. I scored lines (in accordance with a sketch that actually used separate panels) in a t-shape then stamped in old olive a background stamp of sheet music. I then masked and sponged inside the boxes and then used W1 Copic to shade slightly more to create a tile effect. As for the image - these are branches, flowers and sparkles from Judith. I stamped the branches in olive and the flowers/sparkles in regal rose before adding diamond Stickles to the centers and pods. I used the slot punch to create an oldie knot of regal rose satin ribbon. The sentiment stamped in olive is from Hero Arts set.

This next one is for the Splitcoast Stampers color challenge for today:
Cherry Cobbler, Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo - As well as Kaboodle Doodle's sketch challenge #49.  This digital image, Bag of Hearts, is from The Stamping Boutique and was colored with Copics, then free hand cut before popping up for dimension. The Stampin Up sentiment was stamped in melon mambo then sponged with mambo and tea dye to match the sack. I finished off by cutting with Nesties long oval/scalloped oval and paper piercing, then added a Stampin Up bow from the ivory seam binding roll.


This last card was made as a Thank You to one of our Junior Cheer Coaches. This is her last year and tonights our End of Year party. First, I masked an area for the sentiment. Then, I used the Stampin Up medallion and stamped with Versamark then sponged our colors - Purple & Gold - randomly. On top of this, I added some diamond Stickles for some sparkle, the sentiment in eggplant and a purple grosgrain bow. Finished with some purple rhinestones at the corners and distressed the edges of the main panel. There's 27 cheerleaders, so needed a large space - this card measures 5x7.  All Stamps are from Stampin' Up.

Thanks for the drive-by. Love to hear what you have to say.

2 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Oh My Gosh Girlfriend! You are on such an awesome roll, I hate to think that you have to go back to school now! LOL! But I understand! I love all these cards! Did you make all of them today? Yikes! I could never finish that many in one day and have them all look beautiful! You are AWESOME! Thanks for sharing them with me and giving me some inspiration! I will have a post for later today, As my card is drying as we speak! Have a great afternoon! Happy Creating! Sara

Christy Dillman said...

You never cease to amazing me lady with the wonderful projects you crank out! Each of these cards are beautiful and true works of art! I will get these posted on TSB blog and thanks for joining challenge at Kaboodle Doodles!

Hugs,
Christy