Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Tiffany Doodles Day?

I guess I was in the Tiffany Doodles mode last night, huh?  lol.  I'm slightly burnt out from all the Valentine challenges, so I jumped ahead to spring for these next few cards.

This first one celebrates Easter with the pun Hoppy Easter.  This is a digital image, once again, from Tiffany Doodles that I colored with Copics.  I added some yellow Stickles to the flower centers on the image panel, and some fruit punch Stickles to the centers of the flowers on the green daisy chain that was punched from an EK border punch.  Love the way this Basic Grey lemonade paper pack works - that green dp is almost identical to the kiwi kiss cardstock.  I didn't realize how close this old olive ribbon matches the kiwi til now ... Think it'd be a fun card for a little young'un to get for Easter, don't you?






This next one is a digital from Tiffany as well ... Bear cub was colored with Copics.  I created the sentiment on the computer - nyuk, nyuk, Beary Happy Birthday, get it?  Ok, so it was late at night and my creative juices were winding down, lol.  Another fab pairing of the designer paper from Basic Grey - I just love 'em!  Finished this one off with a 3-layered flower and a sparkly brad.  


This 3rd one I left on the simpler side, coloring-wise.  Its a simple enough image and I wanted it to speak for itself.  I did add some glossy accents to his eyes as well.  The designer paper is from Stampin Up, but I got it in a group paper purchase, so short of looking it up in the catty, I'm not sure which pack.  I did flip the blue dp over to get that red you see in the center circle.  Marina Mist and Bashful worked perfectly with this designer paper, I think.  The computer sentiment is computer generated.  Finishing touches are the ribbon and aqua rhinestones.



I think this one was certainly my favorite of the day ... Sitting Butterfly - another digital from Tiffany Doodles, colored with Copics and prisma/gamsol technique.  Forgive my branch, lol, I drew it in.  This poem was brought to my attention by Miranda van den Bosch who found it on the internet.  She did a card on 1/27 highlighting this poem.  As soon as I read it, I immediately thought of this butterfly image that Tiffany has.  The papers are from Basic Grey - I tried to lighten up the photo as much as I could to show that the background paper actually does have a pattern on it, but it's super dark navy & didn't work as well ... I stitched around the background and image panels before layering on top of a circle of dp from the same paper pack.  Finishing touches include blue rhinestones and ribbon.

We're scheduled to have anywhere from 12-25 inches of snow starting tonight into tomorrow.  We got the call last night from the Village (automated) saying to keep the roads clear, blah, blah, blah, don't drive if you don't have to, blah, blah, blah, and it's not even supposed to start up til this afternoon - I feel like a kid hoping for a Snow Day from college, lol, but there it is ...

*  Snowblower full of gas (check)
*  Snowblower extra gas can full (check)
*  tombow adhesive refills (check)
*  dimensional tape (check)

I think I'm all set for a day of being snowed in - Yay :) 
(watch, after all this hooplah, we'll just get another 5 inches like we got last night -
I better get my homework done today, just in case I have to go in to school)

Thanks for popping in for a look see - would love to hear what you have to say.


4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, these are all so great. I just love the fun springy images. TFS.

Arts by Sara said...

Collette these are just darling! I love them all! I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried! Your coloring is awesome as always! You goof... I love the check list... perfect addition to your post! LOL! Hope you get everything done that you need to! (You still amaze me on how many cards you create in one day!) Take Care and Be SAFE! Happy Creating! Sara

TracieB xx said...

Your cards are absolutely stunning. I have been quietly stalking you blog for a while now and have given you an award in recognition of your talent.

http://traciescraftycards.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

TracieB xx

Unknown said...

These are so cute! I love that you went away from V-Day! I'm feeling the same.

We got about 15 inches of snow overnight, with very high drifts. Lake County,IL roads are closed. Stay safe!