Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Stamping Boutique Challenge #2

Time for another challenge over at The Stamping Boutique starts today and runs for 2 weeks.  This challenge will be a sketch challenge based on this template.  Additionally, because St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner, try to incorporate the color green.

For my example, I used one of Tracey's newest images, Easter Cupcake.  I went non traditional green and reached for Green Galore.  I love this image - reminds me of when I was a young'un and would eat a whole package of Peeps on Easter and be sick as a dog by the time we got home from church.  Ugh!  Nowadays, I can't even fathom popping one of these into my mouth, lol.  I DO love them on paper, tho.

I flipped the sketch to make my card horizontal and kept it fairly simple.  The designer paper is from Basic Grey's Lemonade paper pack with rose red and green galore as my mats.  The 'flowers' are brads that went perfectly with the designer paper.  The sentiment is from one of the Stampendous Changito Monkey sets - think it's the Hoppy Easter one (no duh?). 

Hope you're inspired to try one out for yourself.  Head on over to The Stamping Boutique's storefront to see what else Tracey has in stock.  Your card doesn't have to be Easter themed, but try to keep the sketch and the color green somehow incorporated into your challenge card then link it up at the Stamping Boutique's challenge blog.

Have a FABulous day!

2 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

LOL! I want to eat your card! LOL! J/K But they sure do look good! I have been so behind lately! I am so glad to be able to stop in and check out all of your goodies! I have missed your inspiration! Babbling again, I will save some for your other posts! Hope you are having a wonderful day! Happy Creating! Sara

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

HAHA...well, don't want to eat your card, but I sure do like looking at it and yes, I remember eating those little peeps when I was young and can't imagine eating one now.....give me a hot cup of tea and a homemade scone....haha thanks for sharing !