Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tulip Fairy by The Stamping Boutique

Created this darling for the challenge over at The Stamping Boutique.  This challenge is to create your own handmade flowers. 

I was sitting at my Rockstar's volleyball game this weekend and made a few of these crocheted flowers.  Not quite as symmetrical as my Stampin Up crocheted flowers, plus the thread is a bit thicker, but I actually like the way it looks behind this pink pearled brad.

The image is Tulip Fair from The Stamping Boutique.  I colored her with Copics.  Once I started to piece the card together, I realized the image was covering nearly the whole width, so I used the 'out of the box' to fussy cut part to overhand.  I actually love the way it turned out.  I used some of Stampin Up's crocheted trim to sorta match the flower (same color, anyway, lol)

I'm also entering this in the Kaboodle Doodles Spring Challenge.

Make some flowers of your own and then head on over to The Stamping Boutique to show us what you've got!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Heide said...

How beautiful! Love the lace flower and beautiful flowers coming of the image.