Thursday, June 02, 2011

Ways to Use it Challenge WT325

I'm so excited!  Have some fun, fun, fun news!  Michelle Single, the new hostess over at Splitcoast Stampers' Ways to Use It challenge has asked me to join her team for the next few months.  BOO YA!  (is that how it's spelled, lol).  Just the ticket I need to get back into challenge mode, I think.    Kim Hughes, the previous hostess, did a marvelous job and we wish her nothing but the best as she gets her new company off the ground.

In the meantime, for her debut, Michelle chose to use DIE CUTS as her inspiration in the Ways to Use It challenge,


Today, I used this digital image from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil Too.  Check out Mo's blog for her newest releases.  Sprout is such a sweet image - and this is right about where our seedlings are up here in Chicagoland - barely 'sprouting'.

I colored her with Copics and airbrushed the faux frame with the die cut still in place.  I also added some old olive flourish die cuts from Tim Holtz, as well as matting the designer paper from Stampin Up.  I added a border of real red border punched to coordinate with the computer generated sentiment panel.   A few pearls finished off the job.  Hope you like it.

Congratulations, Michelle, on being the new hostess for the Ways to Use it Challenge.
Make sure you check out future challenges ... psst - I'm one of Michelle's team members - she picked a wonderful group of artists to help her challenge the stampers at Splictcoast Stampers.  Each of the team members will be hosting approximately one challenge per month - and I'll be hosting the June 23rd challenge.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thanks for fresh coloring inspiration on this cute little girl! I have her too and have colored her once but always get stuck in my coloring rut!

Hannah Clark said...

I love your sweet card! The image is adorable and you've coloured it beautifully! I'm so excited to be on this WTUI team with you!