Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ways to Use it Challenge WT327 - Viva La Vellum

Today over at Splitcoast Stampers, in the Ways to Use it Challenge, Toni from the Ways to Use It Challenge team is asking us to use Vellum in our projects.  Love it!  I never grab my vellum unless I'm specifically asked to use it.

I stamped this verse from Our Daily Bread onto a piece of printed vellum from Stampin Up.  I then used a Spellbinders die to cut out and then stencil the edges with Tea Dye.  I went fairly light, so not sure if it's showing up.  I then mounted the vellum on a piece of saffron cardstock cut through the same die, attaching with gold brads and then popping up for dimension. 

The card base is saffron with garden green then Basic Grey's Boxer designer paper.  The corner triangles are from same paper pack, matted with saffron.  I didn't want too much else distracting from the verse, so I just popped on some flowers and called it a day. 

I love the way vellum looks on a card - WHY don't I use it more, again?  I forget.


I appreciate your stopping by.
While you're here, be so kind as to leave a comment and let me know what you think.
Have a great day!

No comments: