Saturday, July 16, 2011

Inspiration Challenge at SplitcoastStampers

Today's challenge over at SplitcoastStampers Insipration Challenge came from
Holy cow - some absolutely gorgeous cakes she's done.  I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time and patience it takes.  I couldn't figure out how to capture the photos for the 2 cakes I chose to be inspired by, but they're the Lavendar Anemones and the Purple and Yellow Pansies cakes.

I took this image from A Day for Daisies, "Pansy Fairy", and colored her with Copics.  I added a thin ribbon of diamond Stickles to the perimeter of her wings to keep it light and soft.  I then sponged some clouds for the background.  I used my Creative Memories circle cutting system to cut an arch out of the image & mat.

The background papers are digital from Two Peas in a Bucket's "Dreams 'n Hopes" paper set.  I stamped an additional flourish in garden green on the green paper before matting on garden green.  Finished off with a Hero Arts Sentiment, circle punched, and popped some pearls on the open pansies and the sentiment then a pretty purple bow.

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Shannon White said...

Miss Colette, this is just Gorgeous! I love your Wonderful coloring and the beautiful color combo. The dp's you chose are really Fabulous! Love the pearls in the center of your Pansies too, just the perfect touch. And are those beautiful soft fluffy clouds I see.. The whole thing is just Lovely!

Hugs
Shannon