Tuesday, July 05, 2011

SplitcoastStampers Color Challenge CC330

Today's color challenge over at SplitcoastStampers is:
Tango Tangerine - Rich Razzleberry - Melon Mambo

Three very bright colors that I normally would not reach for in the same project, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how they turned out.

First up is a digital image from Tiffany Doodles, "Daisy", which I colored with Copics to look as close to the Tango Tangerine as I could.  The background is digital dp from Stampin Up's My Digital Studio (First Edition), that I sponged the edges with Melon Mambo.  I fniished by adding some bright orange (tango?) Stickles and a razzleberry ribbon.  What do you think?

My second attemps is a digital image from The Stamping Boutique, "Spring".  I realize that we're in to the summer season now, but I've been meaning to color this for awhile and the bright colors for the challenge were calling out.  I colored the word with Copics and added some sponged clouds before adding some glossy accents here and there as well as some orange Stickles.  The background is again a digital dp from My Digital Studio, melon mambo distressed, which I stamped with an open leaf in melon mambo.  I colored the leaves in with Tango Tangerine ink pad and a blender pen.  At first, I was afraid this might look 'fall-like', but I think the brighter pink and orange (and the word 'spring') sets the viewer straight on the season.  I finished with the same razzleberry grosgrain ribbon as the first card.  I actually like the way this turned out. 

Thanks for stopping by for a peek at my projects.

1 comment:

CinnamonSally said...

Pretty colours and really pretty cards Collette, love the Tangarine Daisy against the pink background!