Thursday, September 15, 2011

Black Board Happenings over at SplitcoastStampers

Today's http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/ways-use-f46/>Ways to Use It challenge continues with the Back to School theme ... This week we're challenging you to create a card using a BLACKBOARD effect.

I used the http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/blackmagic/>Black Magic techniquc that can be found here at SplitcoastStampers' Resource Center.  To me, this looks so much like colored chalk on the chalkboard. 

I used the Pennant Parade and So Happy For You sets from Stampin Up to create my card.  I stamped the pennants in white craft ink and then colored with some pale colored pencils and then drew a clothesline with white gel pen.  The card base is black with red checkered background.  I added some triangles cut from some SU designer paper, matted on black.  I wanted the yellow to pop a bit more, so I added some yellow Stickles.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment on white and matted on a black frame from Nestabilities.

Hope you give this one a try - It's even nicer when you used solid floral images to color - but I wanted something "teacher-esque" for this, so I tried to make it look like a chalkboard with a back to school motif.
Have fun - Let me know what you think.

No comments: