Monday, June 09, 2014

The Sky's the Limit

This journal spread was very relaxing - not sure if it's the color blue, the thought of floating along in a hot air balloon, or what, but it was very soothing to the soul.  I'm coming down with some kind of sinus thing or head cold, so I needed the soothing part - helped forget about the headache.

I started off with laying down some script paper - pretty thick and it really sucked up the gel medium.  Then, I layed 3 different shades of blue acrylic paint down
 
Then I smudged some white acrylic for the clouds and outlined them with white gel pen.  The balloons are from Paper Trey that I colored in with Derwent Inktense pencils.

 
After adding some modeling paste tinted with some blue acrylic paint, I painted the white hatch-marks in white.  Finished off with black acrylic for the sentiment and some cobalt Archival ink for the edges.
 
Gladly accept any constructive criticism on doing something different -
I've only been "officially" art-journaling since April 18th.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day,
Collette

 

No comments: