Wednesday, July 16, 2014

ICAD #47

I'm a day early for this one, but was working with the same paints as yesterday, so finished this one off too.

Today's prompt for Index Card a Day was Purple - YAY!  One of my faves!

For this card, I printed out a digital bird image from A Day for Daisies and colored it in with Copics (V12,15,17, E97,99) and then 'fussy cut' it out.

The background is actually the same irridescent paper I used for the above image because the music notes are also digitals from A Day for Daisies, then I cut it down to 3x5.  The card was washed with a thin layer of purple acrylic before affixing the bird on the branch.  Black dots were added from my homemade foam stamp.

The sentiment is from Maya Angelou.  A few doodles with my Signo Uniball and archival to edge the card, and I was done. 

There's only 14 more days of ICAD ... don't know what I'll do with myself afterwards.  This has been such a wonderful way to get my creative juices flowing, and is so relaxing to sit and create a mini-masterpiece (well, admittedly, not all were great, lol).

Thanks for stopping in ... Love to hear what you think. 
Have a wonderful day!
Collette

No comments: