Friday, September 26, 2014

Fairy named for Alyce

Adorable image from a fresh, up and coming digital stamp designer, Amy Hurley at Amy Doodle Stamp Company.  This weekend, she's got this free digital image - Fall Fairy - you just have to go to Kit and Clowder's Facebook Page, find the link where she talks about Amy's fall image and Kit and Clowder's coloring contest ... like, share, and comment on the post there, THEN ... head over to Amy's Facebook Page, join there to get up to the minute updates, then go to Kit and Clowder's website (become a member - it's FREE), and once you've done that, you can click the link to download this free digi-stamp.  Once you've colored her up, go to the Kit and Clowder's Facebook page and enter it into the Colouring Contest applicable to this image.  (Sounds complicated, but trust me, it's not, and once you're a member of Kit and Clowder, you'll fall in love ... Alyce Keegan has online coloring classes for alcohol markers (not just Copic brands), distress classes, and she's coming out with more.  It'll be worth your while ...

In the meantime, let me get back to my card ... Oh yeah, that IS why I started this post, lol ...

I colored this image with Copics (see colors at end), and added some Wink of Stella to her wings ... You can hardly see from straight on, but it gives just that extra shimmer that fairy wings MUST have.  This digital set also comes with several sentiments ... I wanted to be on the generic fall, every day note card.

The background papers are all from Bearly Mine Designs, matted on Stampin Up Garden green and Really Rust.  The DP's I used were from Bearly Mine's Fall Fancy and Mini Dots sets.  I've come to the conclusion that this Mini Dot set is perfect for nearly every card - there's 95 - yes, count them, NINETY-FIVE different colors in the set.

I added white dots with my Gelli Roll pen to the cranberries in her hair so they'd shine.  I kept the layers simple, adding just a trio of flowers to complement the colors; again, I'm going to be sending this overseas with a bunch of others and don't want them to get too mangled.

Copics Used:
     Skin:  E04,11,21,00,000,R20                  Hair:  H37,35,33,Y23
     Leaves:  YG93,13; E08,YR18,16,21
     Dress:  YR24,23,20,000
     Wings:  BV02,00,Y000,15
     Eyes:  G07,YG09,23
     Shoes:  W7,5,3

I really enjoyed making this card - and I'm actually loving the color combination - it's so warm and comforting (to me, anyway).  Hope you like it too ...

I'm posting this in the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations' Challenge this week - Use Autumnal Colors - check!
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes

I'm heading off to bed, as I have to get up early in the morning for our Homecoming Parade ... Sometime, would someone please remind me WHY I keep coaching this recreational cheer squad?
(Seriously, I love the girlies, and am so proud of seeing what they can accomplish in a year).

Come back soon to see what else I come up with ...
Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Collette.
Gr Karin

NGCARDS said...

This is a great creation hun, with a lovely autumnal feel! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx