Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Bearly Mine Design October Halloween Challenge

Okay, so my very first OFFICIAL post as being one of the new Bearly Mine Design Team members, I made this Halloween card ... Head over to Bearly Mine's Current Challenge for October to see what all of the other Design Team members came up with as a challenge for HALLOWEEN ... You'll love them, as they're all FAB-ulous!  In the meantime, here's my contribution ...

For those of you that may know, I'm new to Saturated Canary - only about 8 weeks now ... but I already have so many (sorry hubs) ... I just adore the images ... With that being said ... I came across this one and was attracted to the folds in her skirt, thinking they'd be perfect to practice the folds for the clothing class Alyce does (see the Kit and Clowder coloring class link on side) ... Then I looked up and saw the face ... Oey ... But, I was able to combine both my love of Halloween and all things dark with my new love for Krista Smith's beautiful images ... and got this!

I started off by printing the background paper from Bearly Mine's Halloween Fantasy Paper pack ... You HAVE to check out all the papers Donna has over at Bearly Mine Designs ... You'll probably never need to shop for paper in the stores again after seeing her stash!
I could have colored her in the typical orange, purple, green Halloween colors, but I wanted her to look very muted, so when I colored her, I picked the W's for most of it, and added some BV purples.  I actually used normal skin coloring first, then added a YG03 to make her look a bit green around the gills.  I also used same Copic colors on the prima flowers to tie it all in ...

Hope you enjoy it ... Now don't forget to check out Bearly Mine Design's Challenge Blog for their MONTH-LONG October Challenge - Theme:  HALLOWEEN!

Check out all the other digital papers that Bearly Mine has while you're over there ... Again, they're all divine ... and there are so many choices - each paper pack is chocked full of lovelies; some have more pages than others.  You won't be disappointed!  I guarantee!

By the way, Donna at Bearly Mine Design just released this new Christmas holiday set:

New Release:  Christmas Memories
available at Bearly Mine Designs
 
I'm also submitting this to the following challenges:
 Deep Ocean Challenge, which is to use at least one flower - they don't say it has to be frou-frou pretty, lol
 The ABC Challenge - this week they're on "U" for unique - I find this Saturated Canary image quite unique in that she's not all pretty and glamorous like most of their images.
Divas by Design - Spooky Creations - she's pretty spooky if you ask me.
Fab 'n' Funky - Halloween Challenge
Delicious Doodles Challenge - On the Darker Side (qualifies!)
 

Take care and have a WONDERFUL day!
Hugs,

9 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

Fantastic card, lovely layout & colours.
~ DT Sis ~
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

KarinsArtScrap said...

so very beautiful Collette
Gr Karin

Andreja said...

WoW Collette,
what a fantatic halloween card you made. The colouring in soo good :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Dawn said...

Fabulous Halloween card hon with great colouring too. X

cotnob said...

This is a stunning card Collette, such a gorgeous image and fabulous design.
Welcome to the Bearly Mine team.
Pauline
x

Nikki Stalker said...

Great card with a 'unique' image. Love it!!. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Pat K said...

WOW, fabulous creation with amazing colouring. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K xx

Mirella said...

Fantastic card, love the colours and the flower! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

Aunty Sue said...

fab spooky card and thanks for sharing at Divas by designs this week. Awesome deign