Sunday, October 05, 2014

Bearly Mine Design Inspirational Post

Hello all!

Today is my first Inspirational Post as a design team member for Bearly Mine Designs.  I have to say I was so excited to be chosen to join the team at Bearly Mine Designs.  I've always loved the wonderful paper packs that Donna comes up with, and have actually been using them (ALMOST) exclusively of late - THAT's how much I love them.

Please head over to the Bearly Mine Designs Blog where you'll see some more Design Team members' inspiration posts as well as our October Challenge, which is - HALLOWEEN.
What a wonderful collection of paper packs Donna has created.  You'll absolutely adore them, so again, head over to the Bearly Mine Designs storefront to give them a gander.

In the meantime, here is the card I made for my inspirational post.
HAPPY HAUNTINGS!
 
The digital image is from Rick St. Dennis, and I got it through his ETSY shop here, but he also has a ZIBBET store here that you can access. 
Each place has different images, even though some overlap.
 
 As you can see, I used a page from Bearly Mine Designs' Halloween Fantasy paper pack for the background.  The image was colored with Copics (see list below).  I layered a thin strip of a pumpkin colored mini-dot patterned paper from the Mini-Dots paper pack and layered it onto a strip of SU's basic black that I border punched with a fence.  What witch is not complete without her black cat, I ask?  None I know of, so I added a Sizzix die punched black cat sitting along the fence.
 

The image was cut in a rectangle with the sides fussy-cut.  I just love the way that looks where part of the image appears to be hanging off.
 
 
I'm not typically one to send out Halloween cards, but I'm going to have to make an exception.  I would hate for a card that turned out this fun to go unnoticed.
 
Copics Used:
Skin:  E04,11,21,00,000,R20       Hair:  E09,YR18,YR14
Hat:  100,W9,7,5,3        Scarf:  YG17,13,00
Collar & Hat 'kerchief':  V09,17,15,12
Roses:  R39,35,22
 
Hope you enjoyed the card.
Please come back soon.
Take care and have a GREAT day!
 

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Collette this is gorgeous.
Gr Karin

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Collette, I love your beautiful image and fabulous black cat.
Pauline
x