Friday, October 24, 2014

Joyeux Noel

Off to a pretty good start at making my holiday cards this year ... it's been awhile since I actually sent cards out for Christmas, maybe this will be the year! 

This beautiful image is from Krista Smith's Saturated Canary line called Winter's Day that I recently got from Magnolia-licious.  This stamp was no longer being made in digital form, and I had a heck of a time finding the rubber stamp - seems everyone and their brother was looking for it at the same time.  SCORE!  It felt kind of strange to actually stamp with rubber for a change.  This beauty was colored with Copics.
 
I used some Stampin Up Cardstock (bashful blue, pretty in pink and crumb cake) to match the designer paper I printed from Bearly Mine Designs' Christmas Ice paper pack.
 
I used my new Spellbinders die that I got from Little Darlings of the frilly view finder, Lovely View, for the blue piece in the back.  I also used a scalloped eyelet border punch for the pink layer beneath the striped designer paper (from the same Christmas Ice paper pack above). 
 
I layered some cream crocheted lace over this striped paper and stamped the sentiment, punching with a small oval then matting on another small frame in blue.  Diamond Stickles dot the die and the snowflakes to finish it off.  Here's a close up:
Copics Used:
     Skin:  E04,11,21,00,000,R20
     Hair:  YR21,E29,25,21
     Jacket/Boots:  E37,35,34,31
     Clothing:  B16,05,02,00; R89,85,83,81
 
Hope you enjoyed this card, please come back soon to see what else I have up my sleeve.
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, Collette!

Bridie said...

Fantastic color combo and beautiful colouring

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Happy Sunday

Hugs from

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts