Monday, December 01, 2014

December Challenge for Bearly Mine Designs

I'm pretty excited about this one ... This month's challenge at Bearly Mine Designs is to create a Christmas project - anything BUT a card ...

I've been toying with the idea of making a holiday plaque combining my favorite images and my favorite papers, and VOILA!  Here it is ...
 

This started off as a canvas 8x10 inch board.  I layered papers from Bearly Mine Designs' Christmas Frolics paper pack (4 different pages) as well as a couple of doilies and dies using matte medium from Golden.  The sentiment was cut with my Silhouette.  I added some chipboard stars that I had painted gold and then stamped.
 
The beautiful images are from Saturated Canary by Krista Smith.  Mickey the Elf is on the left and Molly is on the right, both colored with Copics. 
 
Before sealing one final time, I aged the edges and the stars with Archival potting soil ink.  You can't see it, as it's hanging down behind, but there's a red ribbon that I hot-glued to the back to hang this up on the wall.
 
Here's a close up of the images - they're about the size of a 5x7 inch card just by themselves:
 
Hope you enjoyed.  Head over to Bearly Mine Designs to see what the other ladies on the design team came up with.
 
Also, heartbreaking news - Donna, of Bearly Mine Designs, has decided to close her doors effective December 31, 2014 based on new European VAT laws that will be take effect on January 1st.  Very sad news, as I've come to use her digital papers almost exclusively lately.  She is having a 50% off all paper packs sale, however, until the end of the year.

No comments: