Saturday, March 14, 2015

Ching Chou Kuik/Kit and Clowder Altered Wings Challenge

This week, Kit and Clowder's Facebook Page and Ching Chou Kuik's Facebook Page have combined efforts for a magical coloring challenge.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.653860284742244&type=1

I've noticed so much improvement on my coloring of both the hair and clothing in my images, thanks to Alyce and her Kit and Clowder Skin/Hair and Clothing classes.  They can be found here at Kit and Clowder
http://kitandclowder.ning.com/

I've also purchased the Perfecting Pencils class for colored pencils, but am still practicing.  I can't believe the gorgeous depth of color Alyce has achieved here in her sample using just pencils.  One day, I hope to be half as good.

For this Altered Wings challenge, I chose the Treasure in Hand image from Ching Chou Kuik's Etsy Store (because I love, love, love books and reading). 

I printed the image 3 times and cut the 2nd and 3rd images wings off to alternate and layer them to create a 3D effect.  I also added a bit of diamond Stickles to the edges to give them the little extra 'pop'.

This one was colored with Copics.
 
Here's a close up of the image:
 
I hope you have a chance to check out the cross-challenges on the Facebook pages of Ching Chou Kuik and Kit and Clowder,  as well as the Kit and Clowder classes - there's technique classes as well as shorter fun project classes to choose from. 
 
And DON'T FORGET to check out Ching Chou's Etsy Store.
She's offering a 20% discount at the moment using the discount code:
SPRING20
 
Have a wonderful day!

No comments: